Sunday, September 7, 2008

Youth Conference with Canadian Stake






Last week Lois, Bert and I went to Nauvoo with the youth of the church for them to meet youth from London Ontario Canada and have some fun times together. The young women enjoyed spending time together ... but didn't go beyond their comfort zones and meet new people. Except for Joslyn (a visitor) ... she meet someone, but I found out later she already has a boyfriend -- Girl, why were you even looking? Or more importantly why do you have a steady boyfriend??? Now, one young man has in his own words "found the woman he was going to marry". A week later he states that he is speaking to the "love of his life" everyday ... every minute that he can. Oh teenage love!!!


The young women and Lois and I stayed with a wonderful family who has a beautiful home w/ many picture windows that overlook the Mississippi river -- I could have stayed there all day. Lois and I had a wonderful time ... we stayed up talking later than the young woman. You would think that we never spend any time together. It was a great weekend! I love the youth and enjoy seeing them make decisions and have fun! I just hope and pray they continue to make good decisions .....