Friday, August 22, 2008

So You Think You Can Dance!!



Most of you don't know how wonderful my husband is. He can seem kinda brass and uncaring, but he honestly thinks of me and what I want over what he wants most of the time.



There is a summer dance program on Fox that picks 20 people from thousands to have a dance-off and narrow it down to "America's Favorite Dancer". I love this program!! Jerry can't stand it! He will tape it for me every week, but won't even stay in the room while I watch it. (I actually like that better because I don't have to listen to the comments about how stupid the dances are -- "that's not dancing" "what do they think they are doing" etc etc) After they declare the winner, the top 10 dancers go on tour around the country. My sister, Alisha, said that she and Matt went last year and it was wonderful. Well, I mentioned this several times to Jerry how fun it would be to watch the tour. I never really thought we would go because .... he hates the show. I came home from work last week and guess what??? Two tickets to the SYTYCD tour in KC, and the great thing .... it happens to fall on my birthday! What a great gift. He's so much better than I about birthday gifts. He's two months early. (I ordered his gift in March for his May birthday and it still hasn't gotten here, yet!)

Later, he did mention that if I would like to ask a friend to go with me, that would be ok with him. He did say he would go, IF I wanted him to.

I am so excited!! I can't wait to go!!! check out the website and check out the winner!http://soyouthinkyoucandance.com

5 comments:

Heather said...

Ahhh - how sweet!!!! So, are you making him go with ya?

Matt said...

Husbands who buy SYTYCD tickets for their wives are the very best husbands in the world.

Dixon's said...

What a sweetheart. You are going to have so much FUN! What a great birthday gift. You sure do deserve(sp?) it.

DeGooyer Family said...

WOW! What a great guy. =) Hope you have an awesome time!!!

Alisha said...

He really is a big softy isn't he?! Can't wait for the show!!