Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Dreaded Phone Call!!!

Ummmm.... Pam .... I can't find Grissom! Jerry, I put him outside on his leash to play before I left for work. I know Pam, I just checked outside and ..... Umm, Pam, the leash and his collar is outside on the back porch, but Grissom isn't any where to be found. Grissom chewed through his collar and isn't out here.

Gulp, .... talk about feeling helpless!!! I couldn't do anything. What would the boss say when I told him that my dog was on the loose and I had to go find him. Luckily, Jerry saw him in the neighbors back yard and called for him. Grissom NEVER comes to Jerry when he calls, but this time he came running and jumped into his arms. I think he scared himself because Jerry said he didn't leave his sight the rest of the afternoon.

All is well with Grissom ... he is safe and sound in the house ... I bought a collar that I hope he won't be able to chew off. We'll see!

3 comments:

Matt said...

This brought me flashbacks from losing your ferret for 24+ hours deep in the heart of our condo's ventilation system. That was a terrible feeling then too.

Heather said...

I remember you talking about losing your feret as well!! PLUS, we have a dog that chews through his collar -- HOW CAN THEY DO THAT?!?! IT'S AROUND THEIR NECKS!! AND, I have a cousin who WALKED the collar across campus before he realized his dog was gone...

Glad Grissom is home safe and sound!

DeGooyer Family said...

AHH! Scary!! Glad he was OK.