Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Back to vacation pics later


As alluded to earlier, I left my camera in my suitcase most of the time so I don't have alot of pics from my recent vacation. I will add some later, but I wanted to let you know about the last four weeks or so. As you can tell from the picture July started out with a bang! A group of women traveled to Nauvoo on a Thursday night to help clean the temple. We had such a wonderful time & were enjoying being together when a buck came out of nowhere. We were having a lively discussion about lastest books we had read and there HE was. I slammed on the breaks ... to no avail. We hit him head on and watched pieces of him fly around. Luckily he flipped in front of us and not onto our windshield. I hate to admit it, but I closed my eyes for a few minutes and I was the driver! Scary!!! I was so worried for these other women's lives and two of these women were with child! Maren was 8 months pregnant ... I'm glad she wasn't sitting up front she said she didn't have a real good view. I don't think I could have handled it if she had gone into labor. We were still 30 minutes from home. Luckily I could drive the car home. I was a little shaky ... but managed ok. What in the heck was that buck doing away from his family at midnight?

3 comments:

Heather said...

Oh - you know bucks. They meander. They are free-range. They don't care about no stinkin' fawn! (The one I hit was a buck too - scampering back to his family at 6 AM!)

Dixon's said...

You are so funny Pam, I love it. I am so sorry to hear about your car.It made me think of our road trips to Nauvoo and made me so thankful that we didn't hit a buck.

DeGooyer Family said...

Oh my gosh!! I had no idea this had happend!!! Glad you are all alright.