Monday, July 21, 2008

Sacred Grove

Sacred Grove Our trip to New York for a family reunion was WONDERFUL. Most of my family were able to be there and we missed those who couldn't make it. The drive out to New York was long, but my parents and my nephew and of course Jerry made the trip entertaining. (Connor, mom and I laughed so much at times we had to hurry to the nearest bathroom) We spent a morning in the Palmyra NY temple which overlooks the Sacred Grove. We toured the Grove and the historical church sites in Palmyra NY and saw the Hill Cumorah pageant (a dramatization of the history of the restoration of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints). I will try to send more pictures soon, and a full update. I wanted to share the one I took in the Grove, how incredible to be in the same place where Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His son Jesus Christ. The spirit we felt was awesome! I forgot my camera so this picture is from my phone camera. It's not the best picture, but the feeling is the same when I look at it.

3 comments:

Alisha said...

Pammy! You've joined the world of blogging!! Yea! Now, I can't say that anyone from our family will actually visit your blog let alone comment (Kevin, I'm talking to you) but I will! I had so much fun in NY with you and Jerry. Thanks for all the fun! Love you.

Heather said...

Sounds like a fun time and a beautiful place!

amyh said...

I wish I had known you were in the (general) area! I might have persuaded you to make a stop in Columbus. Thanks for letting me know about your blog. I'm excited to keep up with you a little better. My blog is coming soon (I think).

Amy (Cragun) Hall