Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kitchen Garden



Water water everywhere. It has rained incessantly here today .... I shouldn't complain because I know there are parts of the Country that are in desperate need of rain, but it is reaking havoc on my garden. Not only because of the rain today (about 2 to 3 inches) but it has rained so much in Missouri this Spring and Summer that many people haven't even been able to plant a garden. (I should count myself lucky, right?) As you can see in one of my pictures that my tomatoes are rotting on the bottom because they are too wet. I had to bring them into the house (much to Jerry's dismay) to try to salvage a few tommy toes!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so impressed with your gardening. I can't grow weeds. Actually - they are the one thing I can grow!

Dixon's said...

I am sooo excited that you started a blog!! You are amazing look at those plants! I miss you a ton, but now I can at least read how things are going for your cute family. Love ya.